Darn it! I’ve been holding off writing the monthly newsletter hoping to have a date and price to report. Unfortunately, we’ll have to wait a little longer.
We ran into some issues testing the new prototypes. Changing the screen from 90 tilt to 80 degrees looked good on paper, but when tested the new prototypes and it didn’t feel quite right. With the screen’s new tilt, it’s more comfortable to lower your gaze downward a bit.
- We lowered the default screen heights.
- This caused us to re-calculate of the path the screen follows when moving.
- This caused a re-design of Kit parts controlling screen movement.
- We ran some quick tests (ordering quick turn parts, modifying old parts, grinding, welding, etc…). Ugly looking parts but we’re happy with new screen placement.
- We’ve ordered manufacturing equivalent parts for final testing.
Sorry for the delay but it’s important to get this right before product launch.
We’re still in quiet mode as we complete some final tasks:
- Packaging design.
- Assembly and instruction manual.
Looking for Reviewers:
(Reviewers based in the USA)
We’re putting together 2 demo ready prototypes. These prototypes will not be exactly identical with the final production units but will have the all features of final units.
As a reviewer you’ll set up the XOOT system and use it few weeks. When the review time is up, you’ll put it back in the box it and request a pickup. We’ll take care of the shipping.
During or after your experience with the XOOT system, share your honest thoughts about it, either with a short video or a blog post. Let others know what to expect.
Our preference is for reviewers that have spent a lot of time working on a drawing screen.
If you are interested in being a reviewer, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks everyone for your interest in the XOOT system. We’re doing our best to make it a quality product that improves your comfort and productivity.
– Chris Myerchin