Just finished up
The final prototype of
The XOOT Manufacturing Unit Test.
So you may be thinking…
Glad you asked 😉
When a XOOT system comes off the assembly line we won’t just throw it in a box. First we’ll test to ensure that it all works. We’ll test that:
- The electromagnetic braking system (circuitry and electromagnets) are operating to specified levels.
- All the cables (video, USB, power and braking system) are fully operational and tested while the arm is pivoting and the screen rotating.
- All the correct Kit parts were installed, that the arm pivots weightlessly and smoothly.
- Cosmetically, everything looks good. We want you to be proud to place a XOOT system on your desk.
Our testing needs to be thorough but done quickly.
- Clamp a XOOT Arm onto a test bracket.
- Attach a simulated display to the XOOT Arm.
- Hook up the wires.
- Run a series of tests.
- THEN, if everything passes. It’s ready for packaging and shipping.
This means designing to be thorough and quick:
- custom testing rigs
- custom computer hardware
- custom software
This is what we have been doing and it’s no small job. The unit test design work is done! Now we move from design to making manufacturing ready unit test hardware.
Another step closer to manufacturing….