(Some steps forward. Some steps sideways…)
- Still waiting for the new prototype parts.
The manufacturing of the new prototype parts was contracted out. The new parts were supposed to be here over a week ago. I’ve been assured the new parts will be arriving this week.… (Fingers Crossed!)
- The Demo XOOT Prototype
- The prototype was sent to Fable Siegel in Los Angeles. Fable setup the XOOT system differently than previous users. This exposed weak point in the design. We’re now making changes to address the issues. See Blog: Changes Coming to The XOOT System
- UPS “beat the living daylights” out of the shipping create for the Traveling Demo Unit. The contents (XOOT System and Cintiq 27 QHD) survived, but the box took an impressive beating. I’ve ordered parts to repair and strengthen the shipping create.
If you have an interest in demoing the XOOT system and have a social media following, Contact Us… We’re looking for reviewers once the shipping create is repaired.
- Testing the XOOT system components:
- Testing electronics for electromagnetic braking passed 10,000,000 cycles without failure. Testing took over three months and included wide variations of humidity and temperature.
- Manufacturer sample cables for Video, USB, Power and XOOT electromagnetic braking have arrived. We’re setting up tests now.
- Growing the email list prior to crowdfunding.
It’s been stated that a successful crowdfunding campaign requires an email list x 20 larger than your crowdfunding goal. We have a 500 unit goal for crowdfunding. We still have a ways to go. Help out by sharing news about the XOOT system with friends and colleges.
Check the new blog entries since April.
Upcoming changes to better support desks with keyboard trays.
No, not currently. Maybe later…
This is an older blog post that’s been revised to reflect the most resent design changes.
Thanks for your interest in the XOOT system and thanks to all that have written kind words of encouragement. We are doing our best to engineer a quality product as fast as possible.
-Chris (XOOT System Inventor)