Unfortunately, the XOOT crowdfunding campaign was not successful.
The crowdfunding goal was to sell 500 units. As of this morning only 16 XOOT systems were ordered (Ouch!).
I made a several mistakes during this crowdfunding effort:
- The hardware wasn’t ready on time (no screen rotation when we started)
- Web site was not ready, (It took weeks to get Europe sales and shipping sorted out.)
- Poor timing, (too close to Christmas). Initially I thought this would be great but it turns out most people were too busy to consider XOOT in this time period.
- Marketing was a mess, (Only 1036 people looked at the XOOT website during the campaign)
- no social media campaign
- insufficient endorsements lined up
- insufficient marketing follow-up during the campaign
- Basically, Having no marketing experience hurts…
What happens next? I’m not sure yet. We need to assess the overall market for XOOT. That will take a while (a couple of months).
You can help! Go to https://xoot.pro/xoot-survey/ and fill out a survey. We need more information for planning.